Category Archives: Places

railway – beginning to end

The story of Portsoy Railway from begining to end – click HERE

FOCUS Magazine

The Fordyce Parish Church Magazine is an excellent source of news about what is going on. Copies of the magazines will be available here as PDF files – click HERE

the 10 provosts

Between 1893 and 1975 Portsoy had 10 provosts – click HERE

George Pirie of Portsoy

Captain Pirie made Commodore Master (1977) – click HERE

doors open day 15 september 2012

The old bakery is part of this programme   click HERE. Come and see the Old Scotch Oven and a range of photos and memorabilia

how the gows see us

Some aerial photos of Portsoy and its harbours – click HERE

The Banffie Column

We are delighted to have a fortnightly column in the Banffshire Journal. We are on the lookout for guest writers – might that be YOU?

To see the articles published so far – click HERE

75 Club Gala

Portsoy Past and Present Comunity Group will have a stall at the 75 Club Gala which this year in on Sunday 22nd of July. For more details click HERE

Brief history of the outdoor swimming pool

Colin takes us through the life story of the Portsoy outdoor swimming pool – click HERE

What’s new

This blog serves as a ‘what’s new’ page. When any of the webteam publishes new material they will put a link to it and maybe say a few words about it here.