- 1752 Mr Peter Constable was master of a charity school in Portsoy
- There was also Mr John MacFarlane with a school of 30 scholars in 1780.
- A Grammer school of 30 boys was located in South High Street in the year 1837.
- Miss Wiseman had a ladies boarding school in The Square 1825.
- There was also a Dames school in 1837 taught by Eliza Bond, Old Cullen Road.
- Other schools in Portsoy were May Marshall, Church Street, Miss Wiseman, Aird Street, Mr Thomas Philip had a society school in Church Street and Jenny Cruickshank had a class in Schoolhendry Street
Gallery not found. Please check your settings.
So loons and quines we think this could be something good for you to do on your own page. Find out the history of Portsoy School – Who was the first headmaster? What year did it open? Is there still a boys door and girls door and what was the reason for that ?
I can remember when it was a high school and where the playgroup is held used to be a cooking room. I think the older ones moved to Banff Academy around the late 60′s. Hope you have fun finding out about the history of Portsoy School.