Sincere thanks to those of you who have taken the time to offer myself (Colin Murray) and the admin team helpful and practical advice on how to administrate this page fairly and in a way that safeguards and supports us all as we move forward with this exciting community project.
We are a group in its infancy and, as such, we are looking to implement simple but necessary guidelines that foster trust and a sense of general well being. These initial group regulations may be tweaked and modified as the group grows and develops. Thank you all for the way you have come together as a responsible and accepting online group with a genuine passion for our close community, its unique history of extraordinary characters, and it’s wonderful treasure of local landmarks.
The following are some regulations we expect all who join this group to respect.
By posting comments on the Portsoy Past and Present Facebook Group, you are agreeing to the following:
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments and any photographs provided.
- By submitting a comment on our page you agree that the comment content is your own.
- By adding a photograph you agree that any copyright infringement is at your own risk.
- Portsoy Past and Present reserves the right to delete or mark as spam any comments.
- Portsoy Past and Present reserves the right to block access to anyone from posting to the Portsoy Past and Present Facebook Group.
- Harassing fellow members, including group administrators through private messaging, will not be accepted and may result in exclusion from the group.
While this is an open forum, it’s also a family friendly one, and we ask that you follow our posting guidelines. Non compliance will result in removal of your message.
The following are considered inappropriate:
- The use of vulgar, abusive, offensive, threatening or harassing language or comments that contain sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Photos displaying extreme drunkeness or under the influence of narcotics.
- Comments that promote, foster or perpetuate bigotry, discrimination or prejudice.
- Comments or content that is considered unrelated to Portsoy, Fordyce and Sandend.
- Identical content being posted multiple times. Any subsequent posting of identical information will be deleted.